Environmental Awareness Essay for Kids
Today’s kids are tomorrow’s future, so they need to know about our surroundings and all the issues that we are facing. This essay is written considering these points and would be extremely helpful for the small kids out there. The motive is to encourage young minds to learn about the environment and develop a mindset to think about protecting our mother nature.
As our world becomes more and more industrialized, it is important to be aware of the impact our activities have on the environment. This essay on environmental awareness will discuss its importance and why we should all be doing our part to protect our planet.
Table of Contents
What Is the Environment?
The food we eat, the land we live on, the water we drink, and everything that surrounds us and is helping us to sustain life on this planet Earth can be termed as the environment. Nature has everything in a balanced amount. Humans extract resources from the environment for their benefit but do not care about finding ways to regenerate them. This activity of overusing these resources carelessly has led to the condition that the environment is changing drastically and is becoming less favourable for all living beings. Hence it becomes necessary to spread awareness about the environment and environmental issues.
What Are the Issues Faced by Our Environment?
So before diving into environmental awareness, it is important to know what are the environmental issues that we are facing which led to a widespread need of spreading awareness. Let’s discuss them in a brief:
- Excessive use of vehicles has polluted the air and also contributed to the depletion of non-renewable natural resources.
- Construction of malls and other buildings on large scale forced the removal of forests and global warming is a result of it.
- Industry culture led to a huge amount of mismanaged waste that polluted our natural water bodies and soil.
- Plastic has become an enemy to other living beings. All of these factors made several species of animals get vanished.
- Several diseases are born because of the use of pesticides.
- Noisy vehicles have made people more irritable and human values are depleting.
- The air is not suitable to breathe, and a huge number of people in big cities have developed respiratory or breathing problems like asthma.
- Because of global warming, the polar ice caps are melting leading to an increase in the sea level. Many islands have been submerged in water and cities which are surrounded by the oceans are under constant threat.
- The use of some harmful gases like CFC has resulted in the depletion of the ozone layer which protects our earth from ultraviolet rays. These rays are very harmful and cause burns and skin cancer.
- Acid rain is also caused because of pollution. It is harmful to humans to walk in acid rain for various reasons and some ancient monuments like the Taj Mahal are getting affected because of it.
Importance of Environmental Awareness
One of the main reasons environmental awareness is so important is because of the impact humans have on the environment. Every day, we pollute the air with emissions from factories and cars, we damage forests with our logging operations, and we pollute rivers and lakes with our waste. All of this has a negative impact on the environment and can eventually lead to serious problems like climate change.
So, we need to be more aware of the problems facing our planet and do our part to protect it. Here’s why environmental awareness is so important:
- To Preserve and Protect Our Planet: The Earth is our home and it’s the only place we have to live. If we don’t take care of it, there will be nowhere else for us to go. We need to preserve our planet for future generations.
- To Protect Wildlife: Wildlife is being threatened all over the world due to habitat loss, pollution, and climate change. By becoming more environmentally aware, we can help reduce these threats and protect the animals we love.
- To Combat and Fight Against Climate Change: Climate change is one of the biggest environmental issues we face today. It’s caused by various reasons like greenhouse gas emissions from cars and factories. By reducing our own emissions and raising awareness about climate change, we can help slow down its effects.
- To Save Energy: It is important to be environmentally aware and to save energy. We can save energy by conserving electricity, using less water, driving less, and recycling. By understanding how our actions affect the environment, we can make choices that minimize our impact.
Small Steps to Save Our Environment
Now we have a basic understanding of the issues faced by the environment because of our careless behaviour. So, it’s time to learn a few remedies that we can apply in our daily lives to contribute to the proper usage of natural resources. A few of them are:
- We should turn off the tap water when not in use. Also, we should use a bucket and mug instead of a shower.
- We should encourage reduce, reuse, and recycle.
- People should carry their non-plastic bags while shopping. They can also reuse them.
- We should choose non-animal exploiting clothing. We have to properly understand the ethics of animal use.
- Afforestation is the key. We should plant more trees.
- We should walk on foot for covering short distances.
- We should initiate carpooling. But, if you are planning to travel alone, you should use a bicycle. It’s good for health also.
- Everyone can participate in various environmental awareness campaigns. Inside it, they can share their ideas.
Conclusion of Environmental Awareness Essay
We are now aware of our environment, environmental issues, and ways by which we can initiate to save our environment. All of us must take a pledge to save the environment so that our kids can live a healthy and peaceful life in the future.
Taking these kinds of initiatives is helpful in favour of the long-term life of humans on this planet. Parents should apply these measures and enforce them on their young ones as well. Also, the government and education system should encourage programs and events where children would be taught about our environment in interactive ways.
Likewise, environmental awareness helps us to understand the consequences of our actions and how we can avoid causing harm to the environment. It also leads to positive changes like a more efficient use of resources, less waste production, and cleaner air and water.
So, it’s high time we all start taking environmental awareness more seriously. We can no longer afford to ignore the issue of climate change, global warming, and their effects on our planet. We need to act now before it’s too late. Individually, we can make small changes in our everyday lives that will collectively make a big difference. Together, we can protect our planet for future generations. If we love nature, nature will love us back. If we save nature, nature will also save our existence. So, let’s all do our part to be more environmentally aware!