Earth Hour 2019: Theme, Logo, Wiki, Facts and Its Future
Here, we have discussed the theme of Earth Hour 2019, its logo, wiki, and what is the future of the Earth Hour.
Earth Hour 2019 event completed on 30th March from 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm local time. Information regarding Theme 2019 is given below but first, we will understand the basic concept of this beautiful global event.
“Latest Update – 30th March 2019”
“The Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House were dive quickly into darkness for an hour Saturday to raise awareness about climate change and its impact on the planet’s disappearing biodiversity”.
All activities focused on taking personal action individually and save natural resources as “we are the very first generation to know that we are destroying our beautiful planet”.
” WWF-Australia CEO Dermot O’Gorman said AFP that “Earth hour still is the world’s biggest and largest grassroots movement for all the people to take action on climate change”.
We are going for “grassroots movement” in the hope of improving earth’s condition.
Latest video of global landmarks going dark – #connect2earth and watch full content here –
“update 1- Hong Kong is now once again taking part in earth hour that is too actively”.
“update 2- This year Earth Hour event will also be held in George Town, Alor Setar, Penang, and Kedah as it circle around the significance of the “Ulu Muda Forest” Complex for people of the two states”.
It was started as a symbolic light out event but now has become one of the biggest open source movement and grass root movements for the protection of the environment.
Earth hour wiki
As per Wikipedia, Earth Hour Day is a global event organized by The World Wild Fund for Nature. It encourages people across the world to turn off the lights for one hour i.e. 8:30-9:30 pm to symbolize the commitment to Mother Earth.
Earth Hour 2018 was observed on March 24 from 8:30-9:30 pm local time. WWF has scheduled Earth Hour 2019 on March 30th, Saturday (we will update the latest news as soon as it comes). Check this video for a proper understanding of the concept #connect2earth.
Earth Hour over the years-
Table of Contents
Earth Hour Facts and Figures
- Earth Hour is a global environmental event started in Sydney Australia by WWF in the year 2007 and went global with time.
- The first earth hour in Sydney accounted for a reduction of 10.2 percent in the consumption of energy across the city.
- Earth Hour is organized every year in the month of March which is the time of the autumn and spring equinoxes in both the hemispheres. It is because the sunset time in Northern and Southern Hemisphere coincides ensuring the greatest visual impact for this global light out event.
- It is the only event of the year when a maximum number of people around the world participate in a single movement and turn off the lights for an hour.
- Earth Hour 2018 witnesses the record joining of 7000 towns and cities across 188 countries to celebrate the connection of people with the mother earth.
- There is a number of top organizations in the world which supports Earth Hour. Some of these include UNESCO, Girls Scouts of US, International Trade Union Confederation, FIFA, Phillips, UEFA, IKEA, ING Vysya Bank, HSBC, etc.
- Earth Hour is the only movement in the support of earth in which the major landmarks of the world from Eiffel tower to Sydney Opera House and from Golden Gate to Birmingham Palace go dark in support of Earth Hour.
- It should not be confused with Earth day. However, both events are for the conservation and protection Earth but they are different events. Earth Hour is observed on the last Saturday of March every year whereas Earth Day is celebrated on 22nd April each year.
- Apart from gaining huge support from across the world, Earth Hour also faces criticism from famous personalities like Ross McKitrick (economist), Rick Giles (president of the ACT on Campus institutions), Adam McGibbon (environmentalist), including various institutions and organizations.
Recommended read for you: Ways To Save Natural Resources & Its Conservation
Earth hour advantages/Importance
Is Earth Hour Day important to the environment?
The answer will be yes. Though there are no direct advantages of earth hour to the environment still it is beneficial in many ways.
Let’s have a look at some of the advantages of Earth Hour-
- It will be important as it will encourage people to reduce energy consumption to save the planet.
- It will further help to generate a sense of responsibility among people and businesses to work for sustainability and betterment of earth.
- Earth Hour 2019 brings people together- During Earth Hour when there is dark everywhere, many events are organized. These events bring people together and unite them to take positive actions in the support of environment.
- Earth Hour 2019 is important as a huge amount of energy will be saved in just one hour around the world.
- It brings awareness to people about sustainability.
- Earth hour 2019 theme is “Reduce, Reuse, Change the Way We Live”. Reduce the use of plastic which causes heavy pollution and causes deaths to many. Reuse recyclable waste like paper to optimum utilization of resources. Change the way we live as adopting these habits on a daily basis to improve the overall level of living.
EARTH HOUR 2019 LOGO
Every Year logo used in this event is same and hope this year too the logo will be the same, here is the logo of earth hour 2019, share it or use it as a profile picture-
Future of Earth Hour
The future of Earth hour is bright as this has become one the biggest grassroots movement in favor of environmental protection that has shown tremendous response and growth over the years. It is a global event and anyone can take part in this movement in order to make our planet and future better.
Every year the number of people and countries joining the campaign is increasing which shows that people have a concern about this planet. Earth Hour 2019 is a small action to protect and support our Earth. It is has a great future as a single action today can change our future.
As a common man, you can join #connect2earth and share stories of how you have taken a step to support the earth. You can also join earth hour organization as a volunteer and help save the climate change overall. Also, share all your #earthhour2019 stories on social media too to encourage overall people.
You can host or do a candle-lit dinner, or can simply just switch off your lights for an hour. There is no limit to your contribution every small action towards the protection of the earth will always count, so if you are thinking to do anything on upcoming earth hour 2019, just do it happily without any second thoughts and after doing that you will feel a real smile on your face.
Every country has its own office and NGO related to it, just search on the internet and you will find one in your area, further contact them to take part thereafter. They will surely guide you and will add you for the betterment of the society. Simply follow Earth Hour 2019 theme if you don’t have any new ideas regarding it.
For better future of Earth, we must support it and take a strong action to fight against environmental and climatically challenges. Support afforestation as it is the hope to bring back green life.
If you have any suggestion and want to add on or correct something, please feel free to reply in the comment section we will surely reply you back.
Just a compliment to the website owner_ Very good website!! Thanka for all the information !!
What does 60+ mean?
60+ Means, just don’t save electricity for one hour at one event, try to save every day that is “+” sign means 🙂
We are belong to Earth, but Earth is not belong to us.
We are also share earth hrs to switch off light 30th March from 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm local time.
Sultanate of Oman.
Earth hour is a very great step and it encourages many people to think about earth. I have a suggestion, like earth hour we can also switch off our devices for one hour so that we can learn to sit quietly, enjoy the moment and this helps to reduce stress. Now a days people are too busy with their devices that they forget to live without them. So it will help people to eat together, sit together, to think some creative ideas and to learn how to remain calm. That’s it.
Thank you, It’s a nice idea. We will look into it and will write an article on it. 🙂